Celebrate New Year’s Eve 2023 with views of the iconic Sydney fireworks from free viewing areas across The Domain and Royal Botanic Garden Sydney.
Set up your picnic rug at one of four vantage points and enjoy views to the Sydney Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, and the Sydney Harbour fireworks.
All viewing sites will have food and beverage outlets including bar services and water refill stations. Food truck outlets will have a range of option to suit all tastes and dietary requirements.
Viewing areas are subject to capacity limits. Access will be managed to ensure a safe and enjoyable evening for everyone.
- Gates open at all entry points at 11am and close when sites are full.
- Queuing is from 7am on 31 December.
- There are no pass outs on New Year’s Eve. If you leave the site, you will not be re-admitted.
- Security bag checks will be in operation at all entry gate and restricted items will not be permitted.
- Each site is self-contained, and no movement is permitted between different sites.
Location: Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
- Mrs Macquarie’s Point and Fleet Steps: entry via Mrs Macquaries Road
- Tarpeian Lawn and Bennelong Lawn: entry via Macquarie Street
Date: Sunday 31 December 2023, 11am to 12.30am
Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney NSW, Australia